Friday, March 13, 2015

Art and Choppers

I am in an interesting situation at the moment.  I am from the northern part of Texas and most often by this time of year I would be out riding around or and the very least adding the finishing touches to some winter project.   This year however has been unique in the fact that for the last several weeks we have been hit with bad weather.  Now don't get me wrong the biker in me screams when will the rain stop while the realist and country boy welcomes the end of a drought.  all that aside I have been trying to use this in the best way I know how.  I have been researching things I wish to build as well as future articles to write for this blog.  While roaming the vast expanse of the internet I decided that I will start a new thing here and that will be a little slice of culture in the form of art appreciation. I will highlight all facets from painting and drawing to tattoo and custom paint jobs.  I decided for this moth I will focus on a true legend and someone I thing influenced many of us in our two wheeled in devours.  The one and only David Mann.   I personally believe that the success of David Mann was not solely based on the visual beauty of his art but also on his ability to capture a lifestyle.  I do not know that there has been another painter that is so remarkably talented and painting images that express the idea of the motorcycle subculture in all of its forms from club life to the solitary rider or from bone stock bikes to custom choppers.  David Mann was able to show all these things in a way that resonates with his viewers.

1 comment:

  1. Great write up. I have always loved his work. It made you feel like you was right there with him.

    ReplyDelete